Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Traffic stop...

So at the old age of 30 I have been thrust back into the dating world, it is daunting, and frankly I have the worst luck on dates. Normal women who don't have gigantic issues, for some reason are scarce(much like the single, super model, doctor, comedians). If I locate an eligiable one I'll be sure to shout it from the rooftops, until then I am going to be searching. This is the tale of one such search.

So I met this gal at of all places a bar, now before you say well there is your problem, a description of the "bar" in question. It is the only business in a remote town of 300 people, also serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. If there are 3 people in there the bar is hopping. A pool table, 2 eating/drinking tables and 5 bar stools and a boom box are the furnishings. She was the waitress/bartender/cook/whatever else. Her folks owned the place.

So we got to talking over beer, and since we were the only people in the place, we got to talk for about an hour while my buddy Laurance played pool. So this gal and I kinda hit it off and I asked her if she wanted to go to a real town for dinner, and whatever else she wanted to do, my treat. Things got planned for Saturday, about 2.

We meet up, she is driving because my car is a work truck and about as environmentaly friendly to drive into town, as the Exxon Valdez. So we both pile into her Saturn, and head to town. We eat a late lunch at a Chineese place, walk around the mall, people watch, talk all is pretty good.

So we head back to the cafe/bar where we had agreed to meet and we have just passed the city limits and we get pulled over by the cops. She flips out, full on bat shit crazy, pounding the wheel, frothing at the mouth ranting about F*ing cops this, Danm the police that. This is before the guy has even gotten out of his car to ask for license and registration she is full on crazy. I am a little bit in shock, the sweet, polite, woman I have spent the last 3 hours with just did a complete about face.

The deputy gets to her window and like a switch she is Mrs. Manners, he informs her that she ran a stop sign a block back(I did not see a stop sign, and I am a pretty bad back seat driver), can he get her license, registration, and proof of insurance. He gets them, my license too and goes back to his car. Soon as he has left, she flips back into crazy mode, about how cops are all out to get her, she "didn't do nothing", and down hill from there.

The deputy gets back hands her stuff, says she will be getting a warning today, looks at me, my license, and asks me to step out of the car. This is a first for me but I am pretty laid back so I get out. We walk about 25 feet back to his car, he hands me my license, looks at me and says "You need to look into the company you keep, it can reflect negativly on you, this conversation never happend, here is your license have a good night". Now I am puzzled but I am like ok.

I the deputy gets back in his car, and I get back in the passenger seat of hers. She starts driving, and I am still a little puzzled about the deputy's comment but I am still a little alarmed by her outbursts, so I don't bring her outburst up. I instead bring up how her drivers license photo must look good enough to get her out of a ticket, this leads to the inevitable who's drivers license photo is worse. So while looking at her license I can also see the birth date.

So we are about back to my truck at this point and I say I have had a fun time, aside from the almost ticket, and I'll call her with plans for next weekend. So I get back to my truck, write down the birthday, and head home. I get to my house, and pop open google, and google my date. Turns out she has convictions for methamphetamine production and dealing, multiple domestic violence arrests(both ways), prostitution, shop lifting. I decided that while some things are in the past (I have 2 speeding tickets, and a driving at speeds in excess of conditions which is legal speak for you slid into a ditch), and some things are liable to rear up shortly. I put her problems in the latter catagory and didn't plan another date.

I don't know how to rate this one. Comment with your ranking,  1 being not bad date, 10 suprised I didn't wake up in bathtub of ice missing a kidney.

3 comments:

  1. I say 4. It was all good up until the police incident right?
    And at least you found out so you can avoid her.
    People are scary, I found out on a date recently that the guy was on probation for aggravated assault. It's pretty much a date killer when you find out they have a record.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pretty good date, up until I discovered that she had a record. I rate this on as a 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go higher than a 4, with possibly a 5 or 6. That's a lot of crazy in one package right there.

    ReplyDelete